Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Week 9: Online Social Networks

This week's assignment is familiar territory for me. I've had a Facebook account for about 3-4 months now. Just recently people are starting to find me, some of which I haven't talked to in months. I found some people I went to high school with which was great to see. I think a lot of the times people are really interested in other people's photos just to see if they have changed since the last time they saw them. I'm finding that I am on Facebook on a regular basis now to let others know what I'm up to that moment (I love leaving the up to date comments) and to see what my friends are up to.

As for MySpace and LinkedIn I already have a MySpace account but for privacy sake (just as I have a private blog for close friends only) I decided to sign up for LinkedIn. I have to say that I really don't like the look or the setup of LinkedIn. I prefer MySpace. MySpace is less frustrating to use and simple. Even changing the look of MySpace is so easy. I have even added a favourite song to my profile so that every time someone views my profile they'll hear that song. I also like the idea of being able to add a MyTube video to the my profile which I haven't done yet. I probably should spend more time on LinkedIn but even just the setup of the profile turned me right off of it. I'll just stick to MySpace.

No comments: